Here are some of the new features in Bridge Baron 26:
Added the XYZ convention.
For your opening 1NT bid, you now have not only the choice of a three-point range, such as 12-14, 15-17, or 16-18, but also the option of a four-point range, such as 11-14 or 15-18.
Added new Bridge Tournaments for FREE, such as the 2013 Cavendish (with cross-IMPs scoring) and the 2014 NSWBA ANC Butler Open Selection (with Butler IMPs scoring).
24 new challenging problem deals for a total of 434 Challenges. Kit Woolsey, multiple world champion and author of several bridge books, designed the new deals.
Improved the bidding, declarer play, and defense.
Menu - Major changes to our new settings feature include - settings can be updated at any time, no limitations; settings is a single window with 6 Tabs that lets you manage all game settings.
Card Layout - New layout, bigger cards, easy to read and easy to access.
Floating Bidding Window - Bigger (and resizable) floating bidding window for easy access and better viewing of you and your partners bidding session.
Info Tab - The Info tabs located on the right, replaces most of the actions from the Main Menu actions in BB23.
Previous Trick View - Now you can view your previous trick by simply placing your mouse on the lower right corner of the table.
Review Feature - Review screen on the right will allow you to quickly view all previous tricks played, including the bidding session for that hand.
Auction Interpretation Feature - Auction Interpretation will give you the tools you need to make the right bidding decisions.
Par Contract View Improved bidding, declarer play & defense
New tournaments, including 2012 Cavendish (cross-IMPs) and 2013 Butler Open Selection (Butler IMPs)
24 new challenging problem deals designed by Kit Woolsey for a total of 410 challenges
An all-new, easy-to-use Windows graphical user interface
More Features of Bridge Baron:
- All 53 octillion (that's 53 billion billion billion) bridge deals as possible random deals in Bridge Baron.
- Duplicate / Rubber / Chicago Duplicate / Chicago Rubber
- Part score hands / Game hands / Slam hands / No trump hands
- Bidding flowcharts
- Bidding Interpretation that shows
- Entered deals from newspaper or other sources
- Play generated deals created with the Deal Generator
- Comprehensive Statistics of Your Results
- Double-dummy and par-contract solvers
- Challenging problem deals
- Convention practice module
- Ability to specify which hands will be played by a human and which hands will be played by the computer.
- Play from PBN and PPL library
- Save deals to PPL library
Priced at only $119 (including postage to anywhere in Australia. Runs on Windows 2000 / XP /Vista / 7 and Mac OS Tiger / Leopard / Snow Leopard.
For further details and ordering please email